Well this is officially my last post on the blog...
First of all, I DID NOT CHEAT!!! When I commit to something, I can usually stick to it. I mean, I don't have the best willpower, but I try my hardest...and in this case, I was SUCCESSFUL!!!
As for my feelings about the project, I was actually pretty surprised at how quickly I was able to adapt from using Facebook a lot every single day to not using it at all. Going into this project, I was expecting a major withdrawal or some sort of problem. I truly didn't think that I was going to make it all 4 days.
The extent of my deprivation manifested itself in the form of a loss of my "ambient awareness" and the weakening of several of my lesser relationships. However, even without the sense of "ambient awareness", I was still able to live my life as I always do and I had much more time to actually get out and enjoy myself with my friends rather than reading about how they were enjoying themselves on Facebook.
So, all in all, I would have to say that my experiment was a success. It opened my eyes to a whole new range of possibilities and I now know that the use of Facebook isn't really necessary for me to survive, but it sure makes it a heck of a lot easier!
This blog has been a production of Jake Lutz...
GOODNIGHT AND GOOD LUCK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment